Monday, September 08, 2008

Reaction









"Colorful Friends," the show featuring my wonderful friend Stephen Gray-Blancette and myself, had its closing reception at Arts for ACT Gallery in Fort Myers last week. It was a blast! Of course, it was mix good friends, good art and cocktails!










It is a great venue for my art (and anyone's) – featuring brick walls, old wood floors, open spaces, good lighting and separate rooms to categorize art as well as funky retail space in the back. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my art on display in such an area... and it was fun to see how compatible mine and Stephen's art is... many people who weren't familiar couldn't tell our work apart!











My favorite part about the show was seeing and hearing people's reactions to my art – and beyond that, talking to those interested patrons who eagerly asked questions. When I have a concept for a painting and then execute it, I honestly have no idea how anyone will react. Will they get it? Will they care? Does it look good? Does it convey the emotion that I intended? The answer to these questions, for the most part, is yes! If it is not immediately obvious, I see their faces light up as I explain in more depth everything that went into a painting. People not only get it, but they appreciate it! What could be better?

No comments: